Wednesday, January 26, 2011

No Country For Old Men (2007)

Today I picked another very popular movie that I never seen. I didn't know what to expect from No Country For Old Men, except that it was made by the Coen Brothers. I didn't even realized that Tommy Lee Jones was in this movie. I probably don't have to say much about this one as it's quite well known. It's your basic story of a drug deal gone wrong and various parties chasing down the money. My thoughts can be found on the other side of the jump.


As is expected in most Coen Brother movies, the characters and dialog are very well defined. You have a very good sense of who these people are and even the way they think. Javier Bardem, who plays the lead villain Anton Chigurh, is a creepy and frightening character. Possibly one of the most in both respects I've ever seen in a movie. I also really liked Josh Brolin as the main character who is on the run from Anton Chigurh. I always found him to be smart and loved that he was always just a half step ahead of his pursuers. And of course Tommy Lee Jones does an excellent job as the local sheriff who keeps finding himself a few steps behind everyone.


I can't really say much more about the movie without giving much else away. So I think I'll just sum it up now. I really enjoyed the movie... until the end.That would be my only problem with it, and unfortunately it's probably the most important. I hated the ending to this movie, straight up. But it's good when a movie can always keep you guessing, so at least it has that going for it.

4 comments:

  1. 7- I thought this movie was great... it was very tense throughout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the chase sequences were great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mention of Anton's weaponry? That's one of the coolest parts about him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Neil That's true. His choice in weaponry is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment for us!